think tank engineering embodies a new approach to engineering services made up by enthusiastic, engaged individuals.
We love working on a wide breadth of forms and typologies across all sectors and project scales to deliver the best solutions. we have developed an international reputation for our rigorous approach to structural engineering in all materials including concrete, steel, timber and glass.
From our offices in Vigo our structure and façade teams collaborate closely with architects, designers and clients throughout Europe.
was formed in 2018 by Quisco Mena after many years working as structural and façade engineer. He complements his engineering experience with a solid background in architecture.
all think tank engineering staff have worked with some of the UK´s best consultants and designers on a wide range of projects.
team members' awards in the UK:
- RIBA London Award 2016 – Gagosian Gallery
(façade and sub-structure, Ramboll UK)
- RIBA South Award 2018, Client of the Year Special Award &
Shortlisted World Architecture Festival 2018 – Canoe Lake Tennis Club
(full structure and facade input, Eckersley O'Callaghan)
- World Architecture Festival - Ageoing and Health category Award – Alder Centre
(structural input, Elliott Wood)
We are known for our cross-thinking approach and ingenuity applied to problem-solving. Our commitment to find out the most reasonable, sustainable and optimised solutions drives our way of working.We provide engineering services throughout the world in the following areas:
- Structural Design and Analysis
- Façade Design
- Structural and Façade Detail Design
- Innovation, Research and Development
engineers shall only work in one job at a time -and generally for the whole week- towards ensuring our total focus and commitment in all our collaborations.
We commit to provide the best design possible to our knowledge in every job, considering its sustainability, cost efficiency and neatness.
We will refuse any job should there may be any conflicts of interest.
We aim to spend most of our time in Research, focusing on structural optimization applied to sustainability and new technologies that could help in this matter.
also adheres to IStructE´s Code of Conduct:
- Act with integrity and fairness;
- Have regard to the public interest and to the interests of all those affected by their professional activities;
- Uphold the reputation of the profession;
- Maintain and broaden their competence, and assist others to do so;
- Undertake only those tasks for which they are competent;
- Exercise appropriate skill and judgement;
- Not maliciously or recklessly injure or attempt to injure the reputation of another person;
- Avoid conflicts of interest.
uni titles etc.